Friday, April 18, 2008

April 18, 1994

I was sitting on my deck in the late afternoon, when I saw a police car drive up my street. It stopped, parked, and the officer got out and started looking at my car, parked on the street just in front of my apartment. I asked him what his interest in my car was, and he said he saw the window was broken. Sure enough, the driver's side window was completely shattered. I hadn't noticed because I had recently arrived home from the other direction (teaching at the blue barracks that day). We never did figure out what happened exactly (I thought maybe something related to the junior high across the street, like a rock kicked up by the lawn mower), nothing was stolen, but then I had nothing to steal. I moved the car to back parking lot and covered the window with plastic until I get get it replaced a few days later.

No comments: