Monday, September 10, 2007

September 10, 1993

I was offered a ride to a party one of the art grads was throwing in her house, but on our way we made a detour at the request of one of my fellow passengers. We ended up in the dorm complex known as the Quads, at a student keg party. (Our guide was invited by one of his students.) Drinking in a dorm in a room full of strangers is bad enough when you're a sophomore (occupants of this dorm), but when you're in your mid-20's, you are definitely in the wrong place. We skipped the beer in favor of higher proof alcohol (rum with a mixer, I think) that one of us had, just so we didn't associate too closely with this crowd. When one kid recognized me as his instructor, I knew for sure we were there way too long. We agreed to split for the grad house party, which was a lot more fun.

No comments: