Friday, December 21, 2007

December 21, 1993

On the road to my home state of New Jersey. This was my 5th time making the round trip between Carbondale and Bloomfield, and by this time I had worked out a pretty standard route. Leave Carbondale around 6:30 am, Illinois 13 out to I-57, north to Mt Vernon where I'd pick up I-64 East. Take that across through Indiana and into Louisville, where I'd switch to I-71 North. The road runs roughly parallel to the Ohio River, providing nice rolling hills as opposed to the bleak plains of a more northern road. On east bound trips I would always take my lunch/gas break there in Kentucky, in the vicinity of La Grange. I believe I'd eat at a KFC. The image in today's print is of other tall interstate signs in that area, I think as I was leaving town. Before the day was over, I'd continue up I-71 through Cincinnati and Columbus, eventually picking up I-76 East near Akron before stopping for the night on the outskirts of Youngstown, having covered about 600 miles.

No comments: