Thursday, December 27, 2007

December 27, 1993



About a year earlier, my mother had been a contestant on Jeopardy. She didn't win on her night, so all she would get would be the participants prizes from sponsors, mostly stuff you'd find at a supermarket or drug store. One other prize was a Nintendo game system, the first one I guess. It came with a Mario game of some kind. I had grown up in the pioneer age of video games- Pong, the original Atari machine, playing Space Invaders, Asteroids, PacMan, etc when they first hit the arcades. This machine, already pretty much obsolete when we received it, was far more sophisticated than those earlier things. We had it hooked up to a tv in my brother's room and if I was bored enough I'd play it once in a while. It did burn up spare time quickly.

No comments: