Wednesday, February 13, 2008

February 13, 1994

On the way to see that John Woo movie back in late January, Laura had asked me if I could help her with her current project. She was doing a series of figural works based on wax figures cast from body molds. So far she had several female volunteers, but no men. After some follow up questions a few days later, I agreed. I had had a lot of my friends help me by posing for art projects over the years, and I figured karma dictated I needed to pay into the system. Eventually we picked a day to do it, and I had one preparation to make before then. I'm about as hairy an individual as has been seen this side of the stone age, so before being partially encased in plaster, I had to remove most of my body hair. Complete shaving wasn't necessary, just severely trimmed with scissors so that it wouldn't get embedded in the plaster.

No comments: