Saturday, March 29, 2008

March 29, 1994

Jed Jackson asked me to cover his GEC lecture sections that day. This was the same class I had taught the previous summer, in the same room, but a few things were different. First, I had to work with his planned lecture, not mine. Second, I had maybe 40 students total in my summer class, but now almost all the 300 seats were filled. I learned a little something myself. A student asked me at the beginning of the first section a question about the return of the recent exam and I gave him the information that Jed asked me to pass on... and about half the students immediately got up and left. When a student asked me the same question at the beginning of the second section, I told them that I'd have the information for them at the end of the class period. Whether it was that or something else I don't know, but they all pretty much stayed through the entire class.

No comments: