Thursday, March 6, 2008

March 6, 1994

In addition to the one official class meeting per week, there was one blow slot each week reserved in the hot shop for those of us in the beginners class. It was Sunday afternoons, and I often took advantage of it, on my way home after doing my radio show. I figured I could use all the practice I could get, and the above image is proof of that. My plan was to make a small vase. I gathered some glass from the furnace, shaped it and made a bubble, picked up some scrap color (green and yellow), and continued to blow it out. I transferred it to a punty to open it up and shape it. I think it was in the gloryhole just a little to long at one point- it spread too far open and collapsed, looking like what you see above. My vase became a small candy dish.

No comments: