Wednesday, November 7, 2007

November 7, 1993

The department ran a trip to the Dana Thomas House in Springfield, Illinois, the closest major Frank Lloyd Wright home to Carbondale. I had always wanted to see one of his houses, so I took a seat in the van. The house was very interesting. I don't know that I'd ever want to live in one of those houses, but they are fun to visit. At one point we went to an office/den kind of space on the second level. That was nice enough, but I was blown away by the stairwell that led there. I walked several paces away from the group in the office to go back and enjoy the stairs, remaining there until the group came back to return to the main level. My print was based on my best memories of it, not a careful sketch on site, so some of the details might not be exact.

No comments: