Saturday, January 12, 2008

January 12, 1994

Continuing my journey back to Carbondale. After breakfast, checking out, and gassing up, I got back to I-71 south. Passed through Cincinnati and crossed into Kentucky. Had lunch somewhere in that state, maybe at La Grange again. Picked up I-64 at Louisville and crossed back over the Ohio River into Indiana. Across the mostly flat empty plains and into Illinois. Pick up I-57 and head south toward Marion, where I get on state highway 13 for the last leg of my trip into town, arriving in the late afternoon. Today's image was my speedometer. Back then there was no legal 65 speed limit in New Jersey or Pennsylvania, and weather conditions in Ohio kept me going relatively slow. With nicer weather this day and higher speed limits (outside the urban areas), I appreciated being able to go a little faster.

No comments: