Sunday, January 6, 2008

January 6, 1994

I got together with my friend Kathy that day. I had met her through the college radio station at Montclair State, where we both did specialty shows on Sunday afternoons, and we became good friends. I don't remember exactly what we did this day (probably showed her the latest art, maybe went out to a diner), but I do know she gave me her Grand Canyon letter. Over the previous summer she went with a group of friends on a trip to the Grand Canyon, hiking down from the rim to the river and back out again. On the plane ride home from Arizona she started writing me a letter about the experience. She managed to fill 35 pages while only covering the first 2 days of the 4 day trip. She gave me the unfinished letter this day and I read it that evening.

No comments: